Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Secret Music Top 20 April 2010

Hi -

My name is Scott Raymond, and for those of you who don't know me, I'm a
New Age/Ambient/Electronic music DJ with WVKR-FM. WVKR is a 3700 watt non
- commercial station broadcasting from Vassar College to the greater
Hudson Valley region. My show, "Secret Music", has been on for over 22
years and has a large and devoted audience. The show airs every Sunday
from 9AM to 12 noon EST. For more information or to listen in online,
check out our website at www.wvkr.org. I'm always on the lookout for new
and interesting music to play on my show. If you have something you think
I'd be interested in, feel free to send it to the address below or email
me for more info. If you're a local musician or just passing through the
beautiful Hudson Valley region and you'd like to stop by for a live
interview and/or performance, drop me a line and we'll work something out.
Also, if you'd like to send me downloads of your releases in lieu of
actual CD's, that's fine with me, too. Just send me an email and let me
know. Thanks.

I have a website/blog where I post playlists, etc. Be sure to check it out
for more information. I could also use local concert information as well.
If you're a local musician, or just playing locally, send me concert info
and I'll put it up on the blog for all to see. I've even got a picture of
my new neighbors, a family of red foxes that moved in under the shed.
Here's the link:

http://secretmusicwvkr.blogspot.com/

Lots of news this time around, so let's get right to it. First of all,
next month (June) will mark my 23rd anniversary of Secret Music. Been a
long time, and it's still exciting after all these years. If anyone has
any ideas, or someone local would like to drop by and help me celebrate,
it'd be much appreciated. Now that the weather is warmer, I'd like to do
some live interviews and/or performances. Just email me and let me know.

My friend Darren Bergstein has got quite a lineup of shows coming this
month at his house concert series, One Thousand Pulses. This Saturday, May
8, features Spyra, all the way from Germany. The following Saturday, May
15, features Robert Rich. And last but not least, on Saturday, May 22,
Northern Valentine will be playing. Lots of great electronic music of all
different types. I'll definitely be there for Spyra and Robert Rich, and
likely Northern Valentine as well. If you're going to be at any of these
shows, drop me a line and we'll meet up there. For more info and to buy
tickets, here's the website:

http://onethousandpulses.wordpress.com/

Next, I've heard that Electro-Music 2010 has a confirmed date and
site. This time around it'll be September 10-12 in Huguenot, NY (close to
Port Jervis). Three days full of all kinds of electronic music in what
promises to be a wonderful rural setting. If you're an electronic musician
and want to play, or just want to hear something new and interesting in
electronic music, this is the place to be. To me, half the fun is just
meeting people and making new friends. There's still time to participate
if you want to perform, or hold a seminar, or whatever. If any of you have
any questions about this, don't hesitate to ask. It's really a lot of fun.
Hope to see some of you there.

http://event.electro-music.com/

Finally, here's my top 20 Playlist for April, 2010. Enjoy.

Scott Raymond
WVKR-FM
16 Penn St.
Fishkill, NY 12524

newage@secretmusic.net

WVKR-FM "Secret Music" Top 20 Playlist
April, 2010

1. Andrew Lahiff - A Perpetual Point In Time - Andrew Lahiff
2. Richard Skelton - Landings - Type
3. Balmorhea - Constellations - Western Vinyl
4. Wes Willenberg - Close, But Not Too Close - Hidden Shoal Recordings
5. Solo Andata - Solo Andata - 12K
6. Anomalous Disturbances - Archive Two - Disappearing Music
7. Lucette Bourdin - Silver Moon - Earth Mantra
8. Phillip Wilkerson - Sun Tracer - Earth Mantra
9. Dieter Moebius - Blotch - Nepenthe Music
10. Carter Lancaster - Case Closed - Harp Guitar Music
11. Steve Roach - Live at Grace Cathedral - Timeroom Editions
12. Jim Kirkwood - King Of The Golden Hall - Dark Age Music
13. Anomalous Disturbances - Inside - Disappearing Music
14. Sergio Cervetti - Visual Diary - Sergio Cervetti
15. Altus - Coma Cluster - Endless Ascent
16. Tomasz Bednarczyk - Let's Make Better Mistakes Tomorrow - 12K
17. Steven Lance - Boil The Sky - Steven Lance
18. Jill Haley - Glacier Soundscapes - Self Released
19. Ann Sweeten - Just This Side of Spring - Orange Band Records
20. Lisa Downing - A Delicate Balance - Vision Quest Entertainment

No comments:

Post a Comment