My name is Scott Raymond, and for those of you who don't know me, I'm a
New Age/Ambient/Electronic music DJ with WVKR-FM. WVKR is a 3700 watt non
- commercial station broadcasting from Vassar College to the greater
Hudson Valley region. My show, "Secret Music", has been on for over 22
years and has a large and devoted audience. The show airs every Sunday
from 9AM to 12 noon EST. For more information or to listen in online,
check out our website at www.wvkr.org. I'm always on the lookout for new
and interesting music to play on my show. If you have something you think
I'd be interested in, feel free to send it to the address below or email
me for more info. If you're a local musician or just passing through the
beautiful Hudson Valley region and you'd like to stop by for a live
interview and/or performace, drop me a line and we'll work something out.
Also, if you'd like to send me downloads of your releases in lieu of
actual CD's, that's fine with me, too. Just send me an email and let me
I have a website/blog where I post playlists, etc. Be sure to check it out
for more information. I could also use local concert information as well.
If you're a local musician, or just playing locally, send me concert info
and I'll put it up on the blog for all to see. I've even got a picture of
my new neighbors, a family of red foxes that moved in under the shed.
Here's the link:
WVKR's annual fundraiser will take place in September, right after Labor
Day. That's only about 6 weeks away. This is an important time for us, as a good portion of our operating budget comes from the fundraiser. In this day and age, it
becomes even more important. There aren't a lot of independent radio stations left out there. I'm proud to be a part of one of them. Please help us out by sending CD's, T-shirts, etc. that we can use as premiums for people's donations. If you have any questions, feel free to email me. Thanks.
Also in September is this year's Electro-Music festival. This time, it's
being held in New York in the little town of Huguenot, near Port Jervis. It's
a bit late to participate, but plenty of time left if you just want to attend
and listen to 3 days of great electronic music from all over. All types, all
genres. If you're a fan of electronic music and you're in the NY/NJ/PA area, this
is a must-see. For more info, check out the link below.
Here's my top 20 playlist for the month of June. Enjoy!
16 Penn St.
Fishkill, NY 12524
WVKR-FM "Secret Music" Top 20 Playlist
1. Erik Wøllo - Gateway - Projekt
2. ARC - Church - DiN
3. Altus - Black Trees Among Amber Skies - Altus
4. Ben Fleury-Steiner - Keep A Weather Eye Open - Infraction
5. Brian Henke - Tree Of Life - Vision Quest Records
6. Byron Metcalf, Dashmesh Khalsa & Steve Roach - Dream Tracker - Dr. Bam's Music
7. Concert Silence - 9.22.07 - Infraction
8. All India Radio & Josh Roydhouse - Piano And Ambience - All India Radio
9. Various Artists - Atmoworks Presents: Compiled - Atmoworks
10. Stray Ghost - Nothing, But Death - Hidden Shoal
11. Dan Pound - Interlace - Pound Sounds
12. Dan Pound - The Fourth Way - Atmoworks
13. Peter Biedermann - Sound & Spirit - Biedermann
14. Spyra - Sequest - Ricochet Dream
15. Ben Reynolds - How Day Earnt Its Night - Tompkins Square
16. David Harland - 1000 Mile Search - Red Raft
17. Alio Die and Parallel Worlds - Circo Divino - Hic Sunt Leones
18. Ricochet Gathering - Keep On - Ricochet Dream
19. Rocky Fretz - The Path Ahead - Self Released
20. Andrew Thomas - Between Buildings And Trees - Kompakt