My name is Scott Raymond, and for those of you who don't know me, I'm a New
Age/Ambient/Electronic music DJ with WVKR-FM. WVKR is a 3700 watt non -
commercial station broadcasting from Vassar College to the greater Hudson
Valley region. My show, "Secret Music", has been on for over 24 years and
has a large and devoted audience. The show airs every Sunday from 9AM to
12 noon EST. For more information or to listen in online, check out our
website at www.wvkr.org. I'm always on the lookout for new and interesting
music to play on my show. If you have something you think I'd be
interested in, feel free to send it to the address below or email me for
more info. If you're a local musician or just passing through the
beautiful Hudson Valley region and you'd like to stop by for a live
interview and/or performace, drop me a line and we'll work something out.
Also, if you'd like to send me downloads of your releases in lieu of
actual CD's, that's fine with me, too. Just send me an email and let me
Saw a couple of great shows this past month. Got to see Air Sculpture play
live at Darren Bergstein's One Thousand Pulses house concert series. They put on a great show. And I got to see one of my all time favorite albums performed live,
too. Tribute band The Musical Box performed the Genesis album The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway in its entirety in NYC, complete with costumes, slides, effects, etc. Amazing show.
Some good stuff on the show this past month, too. Air Sculpture came up
and performed live on my radio show the day after the One Thousand Pulses concert
and played live for about an hour. Really wonderful improvised electronic
music. And Greg Kyryluk of Alpha Wave Movement came down from Massachusetts to
talk and even played live, too. It was great to see him again. And coming up on Sunday, December 18, JEM of Symmetry, Holosphere and various other musical
endeavors will be in the studio to talk and to play live for us.
There's a new service out called DAR.fm. which allows you to record radio shows (like mine). The website has more info. but it's basically a free service much like a Tivo, which allows you to select and record radio shows for future listening. Finally something for those of you who aren't around to listen in on a Sunday morning.
For more info or weekly playlists, check out my website below. I'm also on Facebook, so look for me there too. Here's my top 20 playlist for November 2011. Enjoy!
16 Penn St.
Fishkill, NY 12524
WVKR-FM "Secret Music" Top 20 Playlist
1. Kevin Keller - Not In My Name - Kevin Keller Productions
2. Ludovico Einaudi - The Royal Albert Hall Concert - Ponderosa Music & Art
3. Jason Sloan - (S)end - Slobor Media
4. Expansion Project - Blissando - Spectral Spiral
5. Mazmoneth - Music by Mirrors - DiN
6. Antonymes Meets Slow Dancing Society - We Don't Look Back For Very Long -
7. Vic Hennegan - Field of Worlds and Mirrors - Alien Tribes Music
8. Exekiel Honig - Folding In On Itself - Type
9. Remy - The Great Church Trilogy - Deserted Island
10. Chubby Wolf - Los Que No Son Gentos - Dragon's Eye
11. Phillip Wilkerson - Ten To Eleven - Self Released
12. Zero Ohms - Worlds, Afterworlds - Relaxed Machinery
13. Jon Durant - Dance Of The Shadow Planets - Alchemy Records
14. Detlef Keller & Mario Schonwalder - Long Distances - Manikin Records
15. Broken Harbour - Broken Harbour - Self Released
16. Harold Budd - In The Mist - Darla
17. Doug Hammer - Travels - Dreamworld Productions
18. V/A - Electro Music 2011 - Electro Music Media
19. Catherine Marie Charlton - Red Leaf, Grey Sky - River Dawn Productions
20. James Elkington & Nathan Salsburg - Avos - Tompkins Square