Sunday, April 1, 2012

Upcoming Concerts, Spring 2012 Part 2

Hi -

Here's a couple of more local shows that might be of interest to Secret Music fans. The music of both is a bit outside my normal fare, but they both feature musicians that have been played on my show before. I think my listeners would enjoy the shows.

The first is Frenchy and the Punk, a duo comprised of Scott Helland on guitar and Samantha Stevenson on vocals. It's sort of medieval/pagan folk music. They used to be the Gypsy Nomads, but changed their name. Scott Helland has been on my show before when he was a solo guitarist. They live in the Hudson Valley, too. They'll be at Market Market Cafe in Rosendale, NY on Friday, April 13. Check out their website for more info.

http://www.frenchyandthepunk.com/tourdates.html

The second is Stick Men, a progressive rock group featuring the Hudson Valley's own Tony Levin and Markus Reuter from Germany. Both have had various solo projects that have been played on my show before. They'll be playing at the Bearsville Theater in Woodstock, NY on Sunday, April 29. Check out Tony's website for more info.

http://www.papabear.com/#schedule

No comments:

Post a Comment