Monday, December 3, 2012

Secret Music News, December 2012

Hi -

  My name is Scott Raymond, and for those of you who don't know me, I'm a
New Age/Ambient/Electronic music DJ with WVKR-FM. WVKR is a 3700 watt
non-commercial station broadcasting from Vassar College to the greater
Hudson Valley region. My show, "Secret Music", has been on for over 25
years and has a large and devoted audience. The show airs every Sunday
from 9AM to 12 noon EST. For more information or to listen in online,
check out our website at www.wvkr.org.

  I'm always on the lookout for new and interesting music to play on my
show. If you have something you think I'd be interested in, feel free to send it to the
address below or email me for more info. If you're a local musician or
just passing through the beautiful Hudson Valley region and you'd like to
stop by for a live interview and/or performance, drop me a line and we'll
work something out. Also, if you'd like to send me downloads of your
releases in lieu of actual CD's, that's fine with me, too. Just send me an
email and let me know. Thanks.           

  The year is winding down, but still time to go. Thanks very much to
Kevin Keller for coming back in for an interview. I haven't seen him in years, so it was good to
catch up. I have another one I'll be taping for later broadcast soon. I'll
leave the identity a secret for now. It's someone else I haven't talked to
in quite some time, so I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully the world
doesn't end on the 21st, as I'm going to Cape Cod to visit family for the
holidays. I hope everyone has a great holiday season.

  There's a new service out called DAR.fm. which allows you to record
radio shows (like mine). The website has more info. but it's basically a free service much
like a Tivo, which allows you to select and record radio shows for future
listening. Finally something for those of you who aren't around to listen
in on a Sunday morning.             

  For more info or weekly playlists, check out my website below. I'm also
on Facebook, so look for me there too. Here's my top 20 playlist for November 2012. Enjoy!


www.secretmusicwvkr.blogspot.com


Scott Raymond
WVKR-FM
16 Penn St.
Fishkill, NY 12524

newage@secretmusic.net


 WVKR "Secret Music" Top 20 Playlist
  November, 2012

1. Parallel Worlds and Dave Bessell - Morphogenic - DiN
2. Alexander Turnquist - Like Sunburned Snowflakes - VHF
3. Sundog - Insofar - Editions Penguin Cafe Ltd.
4. Nils Frahm - Screws - Erased Tapes
5. Darshan Ambient - Falling Light - Lotuspike
6. The Circular Ruins - The Birth Of Tragedy - Dataobscura
7. Loscil - Sketches From New Brighton - Kranky
8. Kaki King - Glow - Velour
9. Robert Rich - Nest - Soundscape Music
10. Craig Padilla / Zero Ohms - When the Earth is Far Away - Lotuspike
11. James Blackshaw - Love Is The Plan, The Plan Is Death - Important
12. Bryan Carrigan - Windows - Peonies Music
13. Michael Neil & Graham Getty - Retrochet III - Musiczeit
14. V/A - Awakenings 2012 Volume 1 - Ambientlive
15. Har & Altus - Shadow District - Earth Mantra
16. Mingo - Kailasa - Sonarweb Communications
17. Mingo - The Light That Bends - Sonarweb Communications
18. Phillip Wilkerson - Complex Silence 23 - Treetrunk
19. Phillip Wilkerson - Highlands - Free Floating Music
20. Remy - Planet Of The Arps - AKH Records

No comments:

Post a Comment