My name is Scott Raymond, and for those of you who don't know me, I'm a
New Age/Ambient/Electronic music DJ with WVKR-FM. WVKR is a 3700 watt
non-commercial station broadcasting from Vassar College to the greater
Hudson Valley region. My show, "Secret Music", has been on for over 25
years and has a large and devoted audience. The show airs every Sunday
from 9AM to 12 noon EST. For more information or to listen in online,
check out our website at www.wvkr.org.
I'm always looking for new and interesting music to play. If you have
something you think I'd be interested in, feel free to send it to the address below. I'm perfectly
fine with downloads instead of CD's, especially for all you overseas
people who pay large sums of money to mail things here to the states. I
usually prefer high quality MP3's, though I can accept other formats if
necessary. Just send me an email for more info. At least half of what I
play these days comes to me through downloads. Thanks.
I'm glad to see that there are plenty of concerts in this genre of late.
I've been to a couple of local shows lately, one featuring guitarists Brian Henke, Helen Avakian
and Mark Sganga, and a piano concert featuring Louis Landon, Greg Maroney
and Joe Bongiorno. Both were great shows. And I'm going to see Ben Neill
play tomorrow night locally. He always puts on a great show. Hopefully
I'll get to see Robert Fripp and the Orchestra of Crafty Guitarists play
in NYC later this month. And there were two larger events that I missed,
Ambicon in San Francisco, and the Zone Music Awards show in New Orleans. I
heartily encourage musicians to get out and play live if possible. It's a
great way to connect with your audience.
I had a live interview with local musician Brian Farmer scheduled for
later this month, but it's been moved to Sunday, June 2 due to scheduling conflicts. I'm in
discussion with a couple of other artists who want to come talk and/or
play. I like talking to the artists and getting to know them. If you're in
the area or passing through and you have some free time on a Sunday
morning, let me know.
There's a new service out called DAR.fm. which allows you to record
radio shows (like mine). The website has more info. but it's basically a free service much
like a Tivo, which allows you to select and record radio shows for future
listening. Finally something for those of you who aren't around to listen
in on a Sunday morning.
For more info or weekly playlists, check out my website below. I'm also
on Facebook, so look for me there too. Here's my top 20 playlist for April, 2013. Enjoy!
16 Penn St.
Fishkill, NY 12524
WVKR "Secret Music" Top 20 Playlist
1. David Van Tieghem - Thrown For A Loop - DVT
2. Max Corbacho - The Ocean Inside - ad21 Music
3. Jack Hertz & Cousin Silas - Jaguars & Shamen - Aural Films
4. Remy & Synth.NL - Primitives - Groove Unlimited
5. Rene' Splinter - Singularities - Groove Unlimited
6. Cousin Silas & Friends - Silas & Friends Vol.1 - We Are All Ghosts
7. Glenn Main - Ripples - AD Music
8. Picture Palace Music - Indulge The Passion - Groove Unlimited
9. Darwin Raymond - Somewhere The Sun Shines Brightly - Analog Path
10. Bertrand Loreau - Nostalgic Steps - Spheric
11. Jack Hertz - Gilded Skies - We Are All Ghosts
12. Jack Hertz - Wetlands - Aural Films
13. Ethernet - Opus 2 - Kranky
14. Ron Boots - La Caida De Hormigon - Groove Unlimited
15. Pillion - Halcyon - Groove Unlimited
16. Chronotope Project - Chrysalis - Relaxed Machinery
17. Mirror To Mirror - Body Moving Slowly - Preservation
18. Pleq & Philippe Lamy - Momentum - Dataobscura
19. Eyes Cast Down - The Separate Ones - Self Released
20. Celer - Without Retrospect, The Morning - Glacial Movements