Friday, February 7, 2014

Secret Music News, February 2014

Hi -

  My name is Scott Raymond, and for those of you who don't know me, I'm a
New Age/Ambient/Electronic music DJ with WVKR-FM. WVKR is a 3700 watt
non-commercial station broadcasting from Vassar College to the greater
Hudson Valley region. My show, "Secret Music", has been on for over 26
years and has a large and devoted audience. The show airs every Sunday
from 9AM to 12 noon EST. For more information or to listen in online,
check out our website at www.wvkr.org.         

  I'm always looking for new and interesting music to play. If you have
something you think I'd be interested in, feel free to send it to the address below. I'm perfectly
fine with downloads instead of CD's, especially for all you overseas
people who pay large sums of money to mail things here to the states. I
usually prefer high quality MP3's, though I can accept other formats if
necessary. Just send me an email for more info. At least half of what I
play these days comes to me through downloads. Thanks.                   


   Winter's here, and I'm tired of the cold and the snow. Way too much
shoveling this week. I want it to be spring already. I'm doing my best to stay warm, though I
venture out on occasion for photographic opportunities. It's not usually
the time of year to book in-studio interviews or performances, though if
someone out there is brave enough to come out this way on a Sunday and
would like to stop by the station, please let me know.While updating my
contact lists, I noticed that there are many of you I haven't heard from
in some time. Feel free to send me an email and let me know what you've
been up to. There's some very interesting music just come out or coming
out soon that I'd love to hear. Please keep me in mind.

  There's a new service out called DAR.fm. which allows you to record
radio shows (like mine). The website has more info. but it's basically a free service much
like a Tivo, which allows you to select and record radio shows for future
listening. Finally something for those of you who aren't around to listen
in on a Sunday morning.                      

  For more info or weekly playlists, check out my website below. I'm also
on Facebook, so look for me there too. Here's my top 20 playlist for January, 2014. Enjoy!

http://secretmusicwvkr.blogspot.com/

Scott Raymond
WVKR-FM
16 Penn St.
Fishkill, NY 12524

newage@secretmusic.net


  WVKR-FM "Secret Music" Top 20 Playlist
     January, 2014

1. Thought Guild - Electric Curios - Harmonic Resonance Recordings
2. Robert Rich - Morphology - Periphery
3. Masako - Call of the Mountains - Self Released
4. Perge - Attalus Sessions - Self Released
5. Preston Reed - In Here Out There - Self Released
6. Frore - Shadowlands - Relaxed Machinery
7. Frore - Undercurrent - Dark Duck
8. Calum Graham - Phoenix Rising - Candy Rat
9. Jack Hertz - Cahokia - Aural Films
10. Antonymes - There Can Be No True Beauty Without Decay - Hibernate
11. Paul Spaeth - Redemption - Self Released
12. Tom Carleno - Perfect Imperfection - Barking Cat Records
13. Christopher Alvarado & Jack Hertz - Revealing The Arcane - Aural Films
14. Steve Moore - Light Echoes - Cuneiform Records
15. Erik Wøllo - Silver Beach (Remastered) - Projekt
16. Markus Reuter - Live In Bethlehem 2013 - Iapetus
17. itsnotyouitsme - this i - new amsterdam
18. Forrest Smithson - Dreaming Time - Self Released
19. Sylvain Carel - Time And Tide - AD Music
20. Steve Brand - Over Soul - Relaxed Machinery

No comments:

Post a Comment