Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Secret Music News, May 2015

Hi -

   Spring is finally here. It's nice to get out and enjoy the sunshine for
 a change. I got to see Pierre Bensusan play this month. A great show and a great guy, too. I'm
looking forward to seeing Muriel Anderson play nearby in May. If any of
you are performing in the area, please let me know so I can help promote
it. I haven't had any live interviews or performances in a while. I'd like
to change that. If any of you are in the area on a Sunday morning and want
to drop by, let me know and we'll set something up. And in June, I'll be
celebrating 28 years of Secret Music. If you have any ideas, please let me
know.

  Most of you know me at this point. but there's a few that might not. My
name is Scott Raymond, and for those of you who don't know me, I'm a New
Age/Ambient/Electronic music DJ with WVKR-FM. WVKR is a 3700 watt
non-commercial station broadcasting from Vassar College to the greater
Hudson Valley region. My show, "Secret Music", has been on for over 27
years and has a large and devoted audience. The show airs every Sunday
from 9AM to 12 noon EST. For more information or to listen in online,
check out our website at www.wvkr.org.          

  I'm always looking for new and interesting music to play. If you have
something you think I'd be interested in, feel free to send it to the address below. I'm perfectly
fine with downloads instead of CD's, especially for all you overseas
people who pay large sums of money to mail things here to the states.
Don't get me wrong. I love CD's and love to see nice packaging. But I know
what it costs to mail such things, too. It's up to you. I usually prefer
high quality MP3's, though I can accept other formats if necessary. Just
send me an email for more info. At least half of what I play these days
comes to me through downloads. Thanks.  

Scott Raymond/WVKR
PO Box 146
Fishkill, NY 12524                   

  For more info or weekly playlists, check out my website below. I'm also
on Facebook, so look for me there too. Here's my top 20 playlist for April, 2015. Enjoy! 

http://secretmusicwvkr.blogspot.com/


 WVKR-FM "Secret Music" Top 20 Playlist
   April, 2015

1. Forrest Fang - Letters to the Farthest Star - Projekt
2. Pierre Bensusan - Encore - DADGAD Music
3. Marsen Jules - The Empire Of Silence - Oktaf
4. Cousin Silas - Amidst Silence - Self Released
5. Numina / Zero Ohms - Broken Stars through Brilliant Clouds - Spotted Peccary Music
6. Kaki King - The Neck is a Bridge to the Body
7. Adam Hurst - Arne Oubliee - Self Released
8. Nils Frahm - Solo - Self Released
9. Howard Givens & Craig Padilla - Life Flows Water - Spotted Peccary Music
10. Numina - Through The Gate To Nowhere - Relaxed Machinery
11. Lambert - Drachenreise - Spheric Music
12. Ryuichi Sakamoto/Illuha/Taylor Deupree - Perpetual - 12K
13. Aglaia - Intangible Opacity - Hic Sunt Leones
14. Aglaia - Primeval Nebula - Hic Sunt Leones
15. Steve Roach - Invisible - Timeroom
16. Five Thousand Spirits - Melchiazek - Hic Sunt Leones
17. Michele McLaughlin - Undercurrent - Michele McLaughlin Music
18. TM Solver - Namaste - Syngate
19. Stockman - Part Of The Industry - Syngate
20. Philip Wesley - Transcend - Autumn Music

No comments:

Post a Comment