Monday, October 26, 2015

Secret Music News, October 2015

Hi -

  Sorry about the lag between emails. September and October have been busy
times for me. It's beautiful here in the Hudson Valley right now. See it soon before it
all goes away. We had our annual pledge drive in September and did very
well. I raised over $700 in 3 hours. Thanks to everyone who called in and
thanks to those that helped out with CD's for giveaways. It all goes to a
worthy cause and helps us stay on the air. And it's nice to know that
people like what you do enough to give you money to keep going, too.

  Haven't seen much in the way of shows. Been working hard, or out with
the camera when I can. But I got to see local musician David Rothenberg and Bernhard
Wostheinrich together to promote their new album. Great show and great
album, too. If any of you are performing in the area, please let me know
so I can help promote it. And if any of you are in the area on a Sunday
morning and want to drop by, let me know and we'll set something up.  

  Most of you know me at this point. but there's a few that might not. My
name is Scott Raymond, and for those of you who don't know me, I'm a New
Age/Ambient/Electronic music DJ with WVKR-FM. WVKR is a 3700 watt
non-commercial station broadcasting from Vassar College to the greater
Hudson Valley region. My show, "Secret Music", has been on for over 28
years and has a large and devoted audience. The show airs every Sunday
from 9AM to 12 noon EST. For more information or to listen in online,
check out our website at www.wvkr.org.           

  I'm always looking for new and interesting music to play. If you have
something you think I'd be interested in, feel free to send it to the address below. I'm perfectly
fine with downloads instead of CD's, especially for all you overseas
people who pay large sums of money to mail things here to the states.
Don't get me wrong. I love CD's and love to see nice packaging. But I know
what it costs to mail such things, too. It's up to you. I usually prefer
high quality MP3's, though I can accept other formats if necessary. Just
send me an email for more info. At least half of what I play these days
comes to me through downloads. Thanks.  

Scott Raymond/WVKR
PO Box 146
Fishkill, NY 12524                   

  For more info or weekly playlists, check out my website below. I'm also
on Facebook, so look for me there too. Here are my top 20 playlists for September and
October, 2015. Enjoy!      

http://secretmusicwvkr.blogspot.com/

Scott Raymond
WVKR-FM


 WVKR-FM "Secret Music" Top 20 Playlist
  September, 2015

1. Steve Roach - The Skeleton Collection - Timeroom
2. Lawrence English - The Peregrine - Room40
3. Jack Hertz & Mystified - Inuksuk - Aural Films
4. Chronotope Project - Dawn Treader - Spotted Peccary Music
5. Greg Maroney - Lake Song - Self Released
6. Roy Mattson - Intersecting Skies - Self Released
7. Mingo - The Blue Star - Sonarweb Communications
8. Time Being - A Place To Belong - Spotted Peccary Music
9. Markus Reuter and Zero Ohms - From Worlds Unseen - Relaxed Machinery
10. Broekhuis, Keller & Schonwalder - Green - Manikin
11. Simon Wilkinson - Cryosleep Dreams - The Blue Mask
12. Anthony Paul Kerby & Tomas Weiss - Revelation - Databloem
13. Ascendant - Aethereal Code - Synphaera
14. Bernd Scholl & Rüdiger Gleisberg - Island Peak - Prudence Recordings
15. Brad Jacobsen - The Arrow And The Song - Self Released
16. Stephen Majewski - Roads - Self Released
17. Stephen Majewski - Tamarac - Self Released
18. Joe Bongiorno - Synfonia - Piano Haven
19. Michel Banabila & Oene Van Geel - Music For Viola & Electronics II - Self Released
20. William Basinski - Cascade Live - 2062


 WVKR-FM "Secret Music" Top 20 Playlist
  October, 2015

1. Andy Pickford - Vanguard - AD Music
2. Kevin Keller - La Strada - Kevin Keller Productions
3. Sonic Skypilots - March Into The Mist - Self Released
4. Scott Cossu - Safe in Your Arms - Heart Dance Records
5. Peter Calandra - First Light - Self-Released
6. Bob Holroyd - Blueprint - Real World Works
7. Paul Ellis - Moth in Flames - Spotted Peccary Music
8. Jeffrey Koepper - Konnektions - Air Space Records
9. Bryan Carrigan - Fall Into Winter - Peonies Music
10. Steve Hauschildt - Where All Is Fled - Kranky
11. Bing & Ruth - Tomorrow was the Golden Age - RVNG International
12. Deborah Martin - Eye of The Wizard - Spotted Peccary Music
13. Sensitive Chaos - March of the Timeshifters - Subsequent Records
14. Catherine Marie Charlton - Maiden's Voyage - Birds Flowers Music
15. AeTopus - When - 12 Ton Productions
16. Neil Tatar - Learning To Fly - Self-Released
17. Parallel Worlds & Self Oscillate - World Adapter - Din48
18. Michael Whalen - You Are My Home - Michael Whalen Music
19. Paul Adams - Imaginings - Lakefront
20. Karen Marie Garrett - It's About Love - WaterStreet Records

No comments:

Post a Comment