Monday, April 4, 2016

Secret Music News, April 2016

Hi -

  Funny thing. It's been spring for about 2 weeks now, and it's snowing
today. Such is life here in the Hudson Valley. But it's been a good winter, and there are
plenty of signs of spring. No scheduled interviews/performances at the
moment, though I hope to have some announcements soon. I've been noticing
lately that I've been getting lots more acoustic music and less
ambient/electronic. I'm not complaining, but I'm wondering why. Is there
less ambient/electronic music out there, or am I just not seeing it? If
that's the case, then I'd like to catch up. Hopefully I'll hear from a
couple of you with new things to play that I don't know about yet.

  Most of you know me at this point. but there's a few that might not. My
name is Scott Raymond, and for those of you who don't know me, I'm a New
Age/Ambient/Electronic music DJ with WVKR-FM. WVKR is a 3700 watt
non-commercial station broadcasting from Vassar College to the greater
Hudson Valley region. My show, "Secret Music", has been on for over 28
years and has a large and devoted audience. The show airs every Sunday
from 9AM to 12 noon EST. For more information or to listen in online,
check out our website at www.wvkr.org.           

  I'm always looking for new and interesting music to play. If you have
something you think I'd be interested in, feel free to send it to the address below. I'm perfectly
fine with downloads instead of CD's, especially for all you overseas
people who pay large sums of money to mail things here to the states.
Don't get me wrong. I love CD's and love to see nice packaging. But I know
what it costs to mail such things, too. It's up to you. I usually prefer
high quality MP3's, though I can accept other formats if necessary. Just
send me an email for more info. At least half of what I play these days
comes to me through downloads. Thanks.  

Scott Raymond/WVKR
PO Box 146
Fishkill, NY 12524                   

  For more info or weekly playlists, check out my website below. I'm also
on Facebook, so look for me there too. Here's my top 20 playlists for February and March.
2016. Enjoy!      

http://secretmusicwvkr.blogspot.com/

Scott Raymond
WVKR-FM


 WVKR-FM "Secret Music" Top 20 Playlist
  February, 2016

1. Forrest Fang - The Sleepwalker's Ocean - Projekt
2. Errant Space - Sons De Meubles Modernes - Self Released
3. Julia Kent - Asperities - Leaf
4. Noveller - Fantastic Planet - Fire
5. Porya Hatami - Arrivals And Departures - Time Released Sound
6. Sverre Knut Johanson - Earth From Above - Spotted Peccary Music
7. Wim - Floating Free - AD Music
8. Craig Padilla - Heaven Condensed - Spotted Peccary Music
9. Remy - Fears - AKH Records
10. Raphael Groten - Journey Home - Silent Wing Records
11. Robert Linton - Beyond the Clearing - October Moon Records
12. Norman Westberg - 13 - Room40
13. Strie - Struktura - Serein
14. Mingo - Broken World - Self Released
15. Christopher Willits - Opening - Ghostly International
16. Kathryn Kaye - There Was a Time - Self Released
17. Kid 606 - Bored Of Excitement - Self Released
18. Joe Heinemann - Gratitude - Self-Released
19. Jeff Bjorck - Keepsakes In The Attic - Pure Piano Music
20. Michael William Gilbert - Secret Stories - Gibex


 WVKR-FM "Secret Music" Top 20 Playlist
  March, 2016

1. Jack Hertz - Planet Red - Aural Films
2. Takenobu - Reversal - Self Released
3. Balustrade Ensemble - Renewed Brilliance - Self Released
4. Ombient - Sectio Aurea - Synkronos
5. Ombient w/ Chuck Van Zyl - Space Patrol - Synkronos
6. The Brambles - Charcoal - Serein
7. Aglaia - Angelus - Hic Sunt Leones
8. Greg Maroney - Quiet Piano Improvisations Volume 1 - Hen House Records
9. Peter Kater and Tina Guo - Inner Passion - Hearts of Space
10. Bob Ardern - Eight Winds - Self Released
11. Loren Evarts - Water and Light - Otter Records
12. Ludovico Einaudi - Elements - Ponderosa Music & Art
13. Adam Andrews - A Thousand Springs - Adam Andrews Music
14. Alpha Wave Movement - Harmonic Currents - Harmonic Resonance Recordings
15. Gary Girouard - The Naked Piano: Transitions - Galileo Records
16. Scott Lawlor & Jack Hertz - Divine Commedia I: Nine Circles - Aural Films
17. Radboud Mens - Cycle - Self Released
18. Tsyphur Zalan - Sink - Our Silent Canvas
19. Steve Rivera - Dividing the Darkness - Self Released
20. Paz del Castillo - Now - The Borderline Music


No comments:

Post a Comment