Sunday, May 6, 2018

Secret Music News, May 2018

Hi -

  Spring is finally here, though it's seemed more like summer this week.
Still better than the winter we've had. Nice to finally be able to get out and take pictures.
And with warmer weather comes concerts, which is always welcome. I got to
see Jeff Mercel play this week at the BSP Lounge in Kingston. A great show
from a local artist I hadn't known before. And I'm  getting ready to go
see Louis Landon return to the Hudson Valley and play a show on his
birthday. All of a sudden there's a bunch of concerts coming up. I
probably won't make all of them, but I encourage it all the same. In this
day and age, concerts are an important way for musicians to connect with
their audience.

  And I'm starting to book interviews and performances on my show, too.
Thanks to Nate of Team Love Records, I got to have local artists Arranged Marriage NP
perform on my show in April. A strange brew of sitar and electric guitar
music that sounded really good live. And coming up later in May is a
performance from local group Cumulus, a koto/flute duo. And in August, I
welcome back guitarist Markus Reuter, along with guitarist Mark Wingfield.
I'm always glad to see Markus return to the WVKR studio. If you're in the
area on a Sunday morning and want to stop by, drop me a line and we'll
work something out.

  I've gotten some great new music lately, and I always appreciate it. If
you've got something new you'd like me to hear, just let me know. CD's are always appreciated,
but downloads are fine and dandy as well. Whichever you prefer. There's a
few of you out there that I haven't heard from in a while. If you suspect
you're one of those people, get in touch and we'll compare notes.

  Here's my address for those of you who need it:

Scott Raymond/WVKR
PO Box 146
Fishkill, NY 12524                   

  For more info or weekly playlists, check out my website below. I'm also
on Facebook, so look for me there too. Here's my top 20 playlists for March and April,
2018. Enjoy!      

http://secretmusicwvkr.blogspot.com/

Scott Raymond
WVKR-FM


 WVKR-FM "Secret Music" Top 20 Playlist
  March, 2018

1. The Nightcrawlers - The Biophonic Boombox Recordings - Anthology Recordings
2. Annemarie Borg - In Nomine Tellus - Gterma
3. Robert Rich - The Biode - Soundscape Production
4. Bob Holroyd - The Cage - Real World Works
5. Numina - The Chroma Plateau - Spotted Peccary Music
6. Onewayness and Modulator ESP - Orbital Transits - Onomastic
7. Datadrift - Live On Music With Space - Self Released
8. Saul Stokes - Local Crowd - Self Released
9. O Yuki Conjugate - Tropic - Self Released
10. Gaelynn Lea - All The Roads That Lead Us Home - Self Released
11. Rafael Anton Irisarri - The Shameless Years - Umor Rex
12. DASK - Sol - Syngate
13. Diatonis - Entr'acte - Self Released
14. Jack Hertz - The Last Songs Of A Dying Tribe - Aural Films
15. Dedkind Cut - Tahoe - Kranky
16. Robert Carty - Suspended Moments
17. Anne Trenning and Friends - Beautiful Song - Shadetree Records
18. Christine Brown - Ascend - Key Image Music
19. Neil Tatar - After The Rain - Self Released
20. Helen Jane Long - Perspective


 WVKR-FM "Secret Music" Top 20 Playlist
     April, 2018

1. Errant Space - Seconds - Self Released
2. Ian Ethan Case - Earth Suite - Candyrat
3. Poemme - Escape To Blue - Self Released
4. Rapoon - Sanctus Equinox - Winter-Light
5. Jarguna - Pareidolia - Projekt
6. Hawthonn - Red Goddess - Ba Da Bing
7. Centrozoon - 217 III - Iapetus
8. Kyle Bobby Dunn - Music For Medication - Self Released
9. Paul Schutze - The Sky Torn Apart - Glacial Movements
10. Centrozoon - 217 IV - Iapetus
11. Heidi Anne Breyer - Moonlight In Empty Rooms - Winterhall Records
12. Moku Maluhia - Peaceful Island - Westernmost
13. Michael Whalen - Kiss The Quiet - Michael Whalen Music
14. Michael Brant DeMaria - Ama - Ontos Music
15. Jim Pearce - A Piano Story - Oak Avenue Publishing
16. Brian Kelly - Tomorrow's Daydream - SkyLight Music
17. Kathryn Kaye - Songs of Changing Light - Overland Mountain Music
18. Aris Kindt - Swann and Odette -Kingdoms
19. Ken Elkinson - Music For Telecommuting Volumes 3 & 4 - August Son Productions 
20. Reaching Calm - What The Years Have Left Behind - Reaching Calm

No comments:

Post a Comment