Saturday, August 28, 2010

Secret Music Top 20 August 2010

Hi -

My name is Scott Raymond, and for those of you who don't know me, I'm a
New Age/Ambient/Electronic music DJ with WVKR-FM. WVKR is a 3700 watt non
- commercial station broadcasting from Vassar College to the greater
Hudson Valley region. My show, "Secret Music", has been on for over 23
years and has a large and devoted audience. The show airs every Sunday
from 9AM to 12 noon EST. For more information or to listen in online,
check out our website at www.wvkr.org. I'm always on the lookout for new
and interesting music to play on my show. If you have something you think
I'd be interested in, feel free to send it to the address below or email
me for more info. If you're a local musician or just passing through the
beautiful Hudson Valley region and you'd like to stop by for a live
interview and/or performace, drop me a line and we'll work something out.
Also, if you'd like to send me downloads of your releases in lieu of
actual CD's, that's fine with me, too. Just send me an email and let me
know. Thanks.

I have a website/blog where I post playlists, etc. Be sure to check it
out for more information. I could also use local concert information as
well. If you're a local musician, or just playing locally, send me concert
info and I'll put it up on the blog for all to see. I've even got a
picture of my new neighbors, a family of red foxes that moved in under the
shed. Here's the link:

http://secretmusicwvkr.blogspot.com/

WVKR's annual fundraiser will take place in September, right after Labor
Day. That's only about 2 weeks away. This is an important time for us, as
a good portion of our operating budget comes from the fundraiser. In this
day and age, it becomes even more important. There aren't a lot of
independent radio stations left out there. I'm proud to be a part of one
of them. Please help us out by sending CD's, T-shirts, etc. that we can
use as premiums for people's donations. If you have any questions, feel
free to email me. Thanks.

Also in September is this year's Electro-Music festival. This time, it's
being held in New York in the little town of Huguenot, near Port Jervis.
It's a bit late to participate, but plenty of time left if you just want
to attend and listen to 3 days of great electronic music from all over.
All types, all genres. If you're a fan of electronic music and you're in
the NY/NJ/PA area, this is a must-see. For more info, check out the link
below.

http://event.electro-music.com/

Here's my top 20 playlist for August. Enjoy!

Scott Raymond
WVKR-FM
16 Penn St.
Fishkill, NY 12524

newage@secretmusic.net


WVKR-FM "Secret Music" Top 20 Playlist
August, 2010

1. A Viberatto - A - King Of Beasts
2. Steve Roach - Sigh of Ages - Projekt
3. Maya Beiser - Provenance - Innova Recordings
4. Kerry Leimer - Degraded Certainties - Palace Of Lights
5. Causeyoufair - There I Lay And Time Imperfections - Audiomoves
6. Dave Luxton - Portal - Wayfarer
7. Nettless - From Beyond - Earth Mantra
8. Aglaia - Nacked Movements - Hic Sunt Leones
9. Marc Barreca - Subterreane - Palace Of Lights
10. Andrew Thomas - Changing Woman's Blessing - Andrew Thomas
11. Phillip Wilkerson - Interplay EP - Amorphos Music
12. Near The Parenthesis - Music For The Forest Concourse - n5MD
13. Antoine Dufour - Convergences - CandyRat Records
14. Sergio Altamura - Aria Meccanica - Candy Rat
15. Various Artists - Eday 2010 - Groove Unlimited
16. Pausal - Lapses - Barge
17. Nest - Retold - Serein
18. Darren Harper - Descend - Earth Mantra
19. Gregory Taylor - Dua Belas - Palace Of Lights
20. Markus Mehr - Lava - Hidden Shoal

1 comment: