My name is Scott Raymond, and for those of you who don't know me, I'm a
New Age/Ambient/Electronic music DJ with WVKR-FM. WVKR is a 3700 watt non -
commercial station broadcasting from Vassar College to the greater Hudson
Valley region. My show, "Secret Music", has been on for over 23 years and
has a large and devoted audience. The show airs every Sunday from 9AM to
12 noon EST. For more information or to listen in online, check out our
website at www.wvkr.org. I'm always on the lookout for new and interesting
music to play on my show. If you have something you think I'd be
interested in, feel free to send it to the address below or email me for
more info. If you're a local musician or just passing through the
beautiful Hudson Valley region and you'd like to stop by for a live
interview and/or performace, drop me a line and we'll work something out.
Also, if you'd like to send me downloads of your releases in lieu of
actual CD's, that's fine with me, too. Just send me an email and let me
February was a quiet (and cold) month here at WVKR. Unfortunately,
talented ambient musician Lucette Bourdin passed away last month. I loved her music and will miss hearing new things from her. There's a lot coming up here,
though. The next couple of months will be very busy with live interviews,
and a performace or two. One or two of these are still a bit tentative, but hopefully all works out well.
Sunday, April 3 - I'm happy to welcome guitarist Ed Gerhard for a live
interview. He's performing in the area, and I'm happy to finally get a
chance to meet him.
Sunday, April 10 - I'm very excited to welcome ambient musician Meg Bowles
for a live interview. Her first album in over 10 years is out, and I love
Sunday, April 17 - The band Northern Valentine will be in the area for a
performance. They won't be live on the show, but will be stopping by the
WVKR studios on Saturday to record an exclusive performance. You'll hear
the results on Sunday.
Sunday, May 8 - I'm pleased to welcome ambient musician Rapoon (Robin
Storey) for a live interview. He'll be performing at the One Thousand
Pulses concert series, and I'm happy to have him stop by for an interview.
Sunday, May 15 - I welcome back Vic Rek of the Ricochet Dream record label
and Ricochet Gatherings concert series to talk about his recent activities
with both and play lots of cool electronic music.
Quite a schedule, eh? I'm always looking for more. Let me know if you'd
like to come up for an interview or performance and we'll work out the details.
I've increased my online presence. In addition to my blog, I now have
two Facebook pages. One for the show itself, and a personal page where I can better connect with all of you. I hope you'll check them out and add me as a friend, if
you haven't done so already. I'll be posting updates there on a more regular basis. Here's the relevant links:
0 00007481087 25
I've received word that the next Electro-Music festival has been
scheduled for early September in Huguenot, NY. If you're a musician who makes electronic music or even just a fan, I strongly urge you to go to this festival. Three days of playing with strange and new instruments, informative seminars, making
new friends and of course, lots and lots of interesting live music. I always have a great time. make friends, and come home with bagfuls of CD's to listen to. Here's the info:
As far as promo copies of music go, I'm always happy to receive CD's.
The surprise factor at finding a package in the mail is always welcome. Though these days, I've been getting more and more downloaded music as well. If you want to
send me music that way, that's perfectly fine. Just let me know. I've had
a couple of musicians ask me about this lately, so I thought I'd see how
others felt. Have you gone to downloads for promo distribution, or are you
sticking with CD's? Have you looked at options like Bandcamp and Dropbox
as a way to distribute them? What sort of response are you getting from
other DJ's? Maybe we can help each other and come up with solutions
Here's my top 20 playlist for February, 2011. Enjoy!
16 Penn St.
Fishkill, NY 12524
WVKR-FM "Secret Music" Top 20 Playlist
1. Ken Elkinson - Music For Commuting - August Son Productions
2. Lorrie Sarafin - Many Paths - Lizard Dance Productions
3. Erdem Helvacioglu & Ros Bandt - Black Falcon - Pozitif
4. Janne Hanhisuanto - Water Stories - Earth Mantra
5. Kyle Bobby Dunn - A Young Persons Guide To - Self Released
6. Gert Emmens - Metamorphosis - Groove Unlimited
7. Kubusschnitt - Entropy's Evolution - Self Released
8. Hunter Van Larkins - Myriad - CandyRat Records
9. Broekhuis, Keller and Schonwalder - In Repelen - Manikin Records
10. Szymon Kaliski - Out Of Forgetting - Self Released
11. Dave Luxton - Dark Moon - Wayfarer
12. Ron Boots and Synth.nl - Refuge en Verre - Groove Unlimited
13. Create - We Live By the Machines - Groove Unlimited
14. Dan Pound - Aurora - Pound Sounds
15. Kathryn Kaye - Dreaming Still - Self Released
16. Jumpel - Europa - Hidden Shoal Recordings
17. Celer - Dying Star - Dragon's Eye
18. Paradiso & Rasamayi - 3rd Eye Rising - 5th Element Music
19. Ray Carl Daye - Echoes From The Aether - RCD Music
20. Steve Davison - White River Suite - Self Released