Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Secret Music News and call for submissions, February 2017

Hi -

 I have a couple of announcements about upcoming events here at Secret
Music. First, I'm pleased to welcome back pianist Rick Cutler to WVKR on Sunday, February 5
to talk about his new album and play music from his growing collection of
CD's. He's a nice guy and it's always good to see him. And on Sunday,
February 12, I welcome local group Sonic Skypilots to WVKR for the first
time for a live performance and interview. Theirs is a mixture of electric
and acoustic, jazz and ambient. I'm looking forward to meeeting them.

  Also, I'm approaching my 30th anniversary at WVKR. I started back in
June of 1987, back when I was but a wee bairn. Hard to imagine so much time has passed. I
have a couple of ideas that I'd like to toss your way and see what you
think. The first idea is that I'd like a live interview/performance. The
date I'm going to use for my celebration is Sunday, June 18 2017. I'd like
to keep it to one person/group for time constraints, though that's open to
discussion. If you're interested, please let me know.

  The other idea originally was some sort of commemorative release, though
I'm still debating that one. So for now, what I'm thinking is to have original music to
commemorate the event that I can play on my show that day. It could be
something specifically composed for the event, or simply something from
the vaults that would be interesting. For my 20th anniversary, someone
actually composed a piece in honor of the moment, and another musician
gifted me with a small batch of unreleased music, most of which is still
unreleased. I still treasure both of those. So the idea is to have unique
music for the celebration, something not previously available. I may want
to use some of it for a release at some point (probably a benefit for the
station), but that'd be discussed when the time comes. I especially like
the idea of local musicians contributing, but it's open to everyone. I'd
say a deadline for submissions would be the end of May, to give me time to
prepare. Again, if you're interested in contributing, please let me know.

  Most of you know me at this point. but there's a few that might not. My
name is Scott Raymond, and for those of you who don't know me, I'm a New
Age/Ambient/Electronic music DJ with WVKR-FM. WVKR is a 3700 watt
non-commercial station broadcasting from Vassar College to the greater
Hudson Valley region. My show, "Secret Music", has been on for over 29
years and has a large and devoted audience. The show airs every Sunday
from 9AM to 12 noon EST. For more information or to listen in online,
check out our website at www.wvkr.org.           

  I'm always looking for new and interesting music to play. If you have
something you think I'd be interested in, feel free to send it to the address below. I'm perfectly
fine with downloads instead of CD's, especially for all you overseas
people who pay large sums of money to mail things here to the states.
Don't get me wrong. I love CD's and love to see nice packaging. But I know
what it costs to mail such things, too. It's up to you. I usually prefer
high quality MP3's, though I can accept other formats if necessary. Just
send me an email for more info. At least half of what I play these days
comes to me through downloads. Thanks.  

Scott Raymond/WVKR
PO Box 146
Fishkill, NY 12524                   

  For more info or weekly playlists, check out my website below. I'm also
on Facebook, so look for me there too. Here's my top 20 playlist for January, 2017. Enjoy!
     
http://secretmusicwvkr.blogspot.com/

Scott Raymond
WVKR-FM


 WVKR_FM "Secret Music" Top 20 Playlist
  January, 2017

1. Carl Weingarten and Catherine Marie Charlton - Where There Is Light - Spotted Peccary Music
2. Air Sculpture - Vanishing Point Vol.3 - Self Released
3. Robert Rich - Vestiges - Soundscape Music
4. Rick Cutler - Daydreams (Probably) - Human Rick Music
5. Various Artists - Evidence Of Intense Beauty - Audiobulb
6. Vin Downes - When the Sea Lets Go - Riverwide Records
7. Jim Ottaway - Timeless e-Motion - Self-Released
8. Vanderson - Vandisphere - Spheric Music
9. The Green Kingdom - Harbor - Dronarivm
10. Matthew Stewart - A World Bathed In Sunlight - Spotted Peccary Music
11. David Wright - In Search Of Silence - AD Music
12. Mathias Grassow - The Nightquest Sessions - gterma
13. Daniel Bachman - Daniel Bachman - Three Lobed Recordings
14. Amy Lauren - Sulla Riva - Self-Released
15. Erik Scott - In the Company of Clouds - Self Released
16. Steve Roach - Skeleton Spiral Passage - Timeroom
17. Jack Rose - Jack Rose - Three Lobed Recordings
18. Kelly Andrew - Rendezvous - Journey Music Entertainment
19. Rachel Currea - Walking To You - Rachel Currea Music, Inc.
20. Karen Olson and Crispin Barrymore - A Hero's Journey - Self-Released

No comments:

Post a Comment