Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Secret Music News, January 2017

Hi -

  Another year has passed, and it's 2017 already. And it hasn't started
well for me, having spent the last 3 weeks fighting a case of the flu. Is it spring yet? This
is always a quiet time, to reflect on what has been, and what's to come.
Last year was a good year. A lot of good music, and a few
interviews/performances. Thanks to all the musicians/labels that sent me
music to play and thanks to everyone who listened.

  Not much news as of yet for 2017. The one announcement I can make is
that Rick Cutler will be returning on Sunday, February 5 to promote his new album. He's a
nice guy and a great pianist. There are a couple other possibilities in
the works, but no announcements until things are finalized. Also in 2017
will be my 30th anniversary at WVKR. Not sure what I'll be doing for that
yet. Let me know if you have any ideas.

  Most of you know me at this point. but there's a few that might not. My
name is Scott Raymond, and for those of you who don't know me, I'm a New
Age/Ambient/Electronic music DJ with WVKR-FM. WVKR is a 3700 watt
non-commercial station broadcasting from Vassar College to the greater
Hudson Valley region. My show, "Secret Music", has been on for over 29
years and has a large and devoted audience. The show airs every Sunday
from 9AM to 12 noon EST. For more information or to listen in online,
check out our website at www.wvkr.org.           

  I'm always looking for new and interesting music to play. If you have
something you think I'd be interested in, feel free to send it to the address below. I'm perfectly
fine with downloads instead of CD's, especially for all you overseas
people who pay large sums of money to mail things here to the states.
Don't get me wrong. I love CD's and love to see nice packaging. But I know
what it costs to mail such things, too. It's up to you. I usually prefer
high quality MP3's, though I can accept other formats if necessary. Just
send me an email for more info. At least half of what I play these days
comes to me through downloads. Thanks.  

Scott Raymond/WVKR
PO Box 146
Fishkill, NY 12524                   

  For more info or weekly playlists, check out my website below. I'm also
on Facebook, so look for me there too. Here's my top 20 playlist for December 2016, along
with my top 25 albums of 2016. Enjoy!      

http://secretmusicwvkr.blogspot.com/

Scott Raymond
WVKR-FM


 WVKR-FM "Secret Music" Top 20 Playlist
  December, 2016

1. Loscil - Monument Builders - Kranky
2. Loren Nerell - The Venerable Dark Cloud - Projekt
3. Harrison McKay - On Air 10-10-15 - Self Released
4. Kyle Dixon & Michael Stein - Stranger Things Vol.2 - Lakeshore Records
5. Glenn Main - Tribute To Jean-Michel Jarre - AD Records
6. Ian Boddy - As Above So Below - DiN
7. Binar - Tales Of The Uninformed Pt.1 - Self Released
8. Binar - Tales Of The Uninformed Pt.2 - Self Released
9. Biosphere - Departed Glories - Smalltown Supersound
10. Eluvium - False Readings On - Temporary Residence
11. Cosmic Hoffman - Best Of - Heart And Mind
12. Diatonis - Obsidian: Somnioquence Vol.4 - Self Released
13. Porya Hatami - Phone To Logos - Audiobulb
14. Janne Hanhisuanto - Sleepless - Self Released
15. Steve Hauschildt - Strands - Kranky
16. Tom Caufield - I Heard It Was Christmas Day - Bohemian Embassy
17. Lawrence Blatt - Longitudes & Latitudes - LMB Music
18. V/A - Christmas from the Heart - Heart Dance Records
19. Stanton Lanier - Climb to the Sky - Self Released
20. Gary Schmidt - Landscapes Of The Heart - Self Released


  WVKR-FM "Secret Music" Top 25 Albums of 2016

1. Peter Baumann - Machines Of Desire - Bureau B
2. Tom Eaton - abendromen - Riverwide Records
3. Kyle Dixon & Michael Stein - Stranger Things OST Volume 1 - Lakeshore
4. Paul Ellis - A Guitar Has Moonlight In It - Self Released
5. Jeff Pearce - Follow the River Home - Jeff Pearce Music
6. Tom Eaton - Indesterren - Riverwide Records
7. Ben Neill - Horizonal - Audiokult
8. Forrest Fang - The Sleepwalker's Ocean - Projekt
9. Various Artists - Beyond The Borders: Ultima Thule Ambient Vol.2 - Ultima Thule
10. The Contact - Zero Moment - Temporary Residence
11. Tigger Benford & Party - Vessel Of Gratitude - Self Released
12. Sonic Skypilots - Interplanetary Medium - Self Released
13. Janet Robbins - I Hear Crow - Star 7 Records
14. Loscil - Monument Builders - Kranky
15. Stratosphere - Rise - Projekt
16. Marconi Union - Ghost Stations - Just Music
17. Saul Stokes - Objects And Phenomena - Self Released
18. Arcane - Automaton - Self Released
19. Loren Nerell - The Venerable Dark Cloud - Projekt
20. Various Artists - Saving Cecil's Pride - RadHaus
21. Julianna Barwick - Will - Dead Oceans
22. Errant Space - Sons De Meubles Modernes - Self Released
23. Metlay! - Fade - Aural Films
24. Contact - Eno: Discreet Music - Cantaloupe Music
25. Guy Buttery - Guy Buttery - Self Released

No comments:

Post a Comment