Monday, June 25, 2018

Secret Music News, June 2018

Hi -

  I've been lazy about sending updates. Can you blame me? We've had some
nice weather here and I've been taking full advantage of it and getting out to take
pictures whenever possible. Though summer is here and things will heat up.
Not my favorite time. Give me spring and fall any day.

  I've done some good stuff with the show, too. In May I had local artists
Cumulus perform on my show. First time I've ever had a koto player perform live. It's
interesting to see up close. And in August Markus Reuter will be back to
play for us, along with guitarist Mark Wingfield. Should be a lot of fun.
And a week ago I celebrated 31 years of Secret Music. Jeez, I'm getting
old...

  What's interesting to note is all the local talent I've been seeing
lately. Groups like Cumulus and Arranged Marriage NP have been in to play, and I've seen Jeff Mercel and 4 Airports play live locally too. And I've been playing music from
other locals like Peter Calandra, Taylor Deupree and a guy who calls
himself Pasteboy who makes wonderful ambient music. And coming up I have
new music from Peter Coates of Cumulus and 4 Airports. There really is a
wealth of talent here in the Hudson Valley, and I'm glad I can give it the
attention it deserves.

  If you're a local musician or just passing through and you'd like to
come in for an interview or performance, I'd like that a lot. Just drop me a line and we'll work
something out.

  I've gotten some great new music lately, and I always appreciate it. If
you've got something new you'd like me to hear, just let me know. CD's are always appreciated,
but downloads are fine and dandy as well. Whichever you prefer. There's a
few of you out there that I haven't heard from in a while. If you suspect
you're one of those people, get in touch and we'll compare notes.

  Here's my address for those of you who need it:

Scott Raymond/WVKR
PO Box 146
Fishkill, NY 12524                   

  For more info or weekly playlists, check out my website below. I'm also
on Facebook, so look for me there too. Here's my top 20 playlists for May and June, 2018.
Enjoy!      

http://secretmusicwvkr.blogspot.com/

Scott Raymond
WVKR-FM


 WVKR-FM "Secret Music" Top 20 Playlist
  May, 2018

1. Node - Node Live - DiN
2. Entourage - Ceremony Of Dreams - Tompkins Square
3. Ryuichi Sakamoto - Async - Milan Entertainment
4. Erik Wollo - Threshold Point - Projekt
5. Pasteboy - Subliminal Series Vol.1 - Self Released
6. Christina Vantzou - No.4 - Kranky
7. Ramp - No Sleep Til Wilmersdorf - Doombient
8. Jeff Greinke - Before Sunrise - Spotted Peccary Music
9. Sverre Knut Johansen w/ David Helpling - The Vast Expanse - Spotted Peccary Music
10. Broekhuis, Keller & Schonwalder - Yellow - Manikin Records
11. Chuck Van Zyl - Recitals Volume 2 - Synkronos
12. Jon Durant - Parting Is - Alchemy Records
13. Max Corbacho - Nocturnes II - Silentsun
14. Stephan Micus - Nomad Songs - ECM Records
15. Kevin Kastning - 17/66 - Greydisc
16. Grouper - Grid Of Points - Kranky
17. Broekhuis, Keller & Schonwalder - Repelen Revisited - Manikin
18. Vidna Obmana - Crossing the Trail - Projekt
19. Nitish Kulkarni - Listen - Nitish Kulkarni Music
20. Michael Kollwitz - Serenity II - Self Released


 WVKR-FM "Secret Music" Top 20 Playlist
  June, 2018

1. Peter Calandra - Piano Improvisations, Vol. 1 - PCM
2. Jeff Mercel - Lunescapes Vol.1 - Psychic Troubles Tapes
3. Loreena McKennitt - Lost Souls - Quinlan Road Limited
4. Arcane - Conduit - Self Released
5. Steve Roach - Molecules of Motion - Projekt
6. Taylor Deupree - Fallen - 12K
7. Taylor Deupree & Marcus Fischer - Lowlands - 12K
8. Erren/Fleissig/Schottler/Steffen - Tidal Shift - Self Released
9. Johan Tronestam - Midgard - Syngate
10. Jill Haley - The Waters of Glacier - Self Released
11. Divided By Two - The Legend - Syngate
12. Sensitive Chaos - Walking a Beautiful World - Subsequent Records
13. Duet For Theremin And Lap Steel - 10 - Self Released
14. Slow Dancing Society - The Torchlight Parade - Hidden Shoal
15. Paul Ellis - Now Then - Self Released
16. Simon Wilkinson - Stateless - The Blue Mask
17. Jim Ottaway - Yesterday Passing - Self-Released
18. Steve Haskin - Avenue B - Self Released
19. Wavestar II - Nightwinds - Self Released
20. Terra Guitarra - Spirit Wheel - Earthsign Records

No comments:

Post a Comment